Born Derek Amoah Asare , he is known in showbiz as Drumroll and is a tema based music producer.
Drumroll was initially a beat-making duo that started out early 2010 but disbanded 2 years later. One member however decided to carry the mantle, as he believes he can propagate the name and initial dream into reality.
Genres: Afro pop, Hip Hop, R&B, EDM
Drumroll Completed senior high education at Labone Senior High and is currently a final year Graphic Design student at Radford University College and hence comes as no surprise that he branded Drumroll himself.
He was initiated into producing mainly for himself & crew of budding artists/poets/writers including “The Khidz Next Door” and Haywaya – currently recognized as the “Hausa Rap God”, signed under One Nation Entertainment (Efya’s management label) being a co-member.
- 2014 – Drumroll caught his break late 2014 producing “Oluwa Is Involved” for Sarkodie featuring R2beez (Paedae).
- 2015 – Drumroll surprised skeptics by producing EL ‘s “King without a Crown” and “All Black” featuring Joey B and Pappy Kojo on E.L’s BAR2 mixtape. Both records made it as singles & were accompanied by videos with Drumroll himself making an appearance in the visual of “King Without a crown”.
- He teams up with iLLKeyz to produce ” Ice Prince – Seasons” .
- He produced Atlantis Nights and Mrs. off J.Town ‘s ” Flights From MySoul “ EP
- He produced B.E.A.R , Nowhere Cool , Now here Cool , Hand Dey Go, Hand Dey Come , Simple Love with OT- Guitarist, Damn You Rafiki and co-produced Goodbye off Manifest’s NowhereCool Ablum
* He supposedly has a couple more unreleased projects with Sarkodie as well we need to look out for.
Instrumentals By Drumroll
Songs Produced By Drumroll
Internationally , Kanye West’s music has been his inspiration from day one and still is. As well as Jon Bellion, Dr. Dre, Timbaland, Boi-1da, Ryan Leslie & Ryan Lewis.
Locally, none other than Killbeatz, Sarz, King illkeyz & Legendary beatz.
I am not just a hip hop beat maker/producer. Even as an artiste I am no fan of limiting myself to a specific genre. Certain factors are slowing my work pace; my life as a student & running into a system malfunction not long ago losing a handful of projects but I am going to catch on and do this all day. I plan to work with everyone who wants to make good music.
Drumroll is currently aiding certain exceptional talents and plans introducing them to the industry in due time.
You can Contact Drumroll via email at : Drumrollbeatsgh@gmail.com