Michael Kwasi Marfo Tenkorang , better known by his stage name Yung Fly, was born on the 6th of june 1993 and raised in Accra, Ghana. He has had what you can say is a “Dream Start” to his music production career , having produced for the Ghanaian music industry’s finest , after just 3 years of starting active production.
Genres: Hip Hop, Soul , RnB , Trap
Yung Fly’s interest in music grew from childhood when his dad bought him a whole lot of records including that of Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre , Ludacris , Bow Wow, Busta Rhymes and more when returning from work. He also watched his mum sing in the choir. He believes unconsciously his parents were teaching him music or letting it grow in him.
Yung Fly always knew he would be making beats so he wasted no time when he got his first PC in 2011 , experimenting here and there as he had nobody to teach him. Ironically his parents especially his dad didn’t like the idea because they thought he was making noise and wasting electricity. Within a year after getting his PC, he had already started making beats.
- Yung Fly’s first placement was in 2013 when he produced M.anifest’s “someway bi”.
“ Well, i was asked to send a couple of beats to M.anifest by Selasie , i sent one, he heard it and wanted to meet up with me, so we met at madina verbs during his 2012 “Rapper Of The Year” appreciation party. He asked to hear more so i sent another and that was the beat for someway bi “
Manifest’s “someway bi” ended up winning third place in the R&B/ Hiphop category of The International Songwriting Competition (ISC) 2014. It also got numerous nominations in Ghana and beyond.
- Yung Fly produced Fela pt 2 & King Solomon’s Bass off Dex Kwasi’s ‘419 in East Legon’ Album.
- He produced Basquiat n Picasso (feat Copta) and Glow Up off Jayso’s 0106 EP [Vol.2]
- Yung Fly produced Bass and Akans In Italy off Dex Kwasi’s ‘Akata Yesu’ Album.
- Yung Fly Produced the official soundtrack for popular Ghanaian TV Series ‘YOLO’.
- Yung Fly Produced ‘Ozymandias’ off M.anifest’s ‘Nowhere Cool’ Album.
- In 2015 , he did some production on EL’s BAR 2, the songs he produced were – State Of The Nation Address, Wosop and 10 Rap Commandments.
- He did some production on Mr Kweku Sintim-Misa (KSM)son Yaw Sintim-Misa (Blackway) Album, Radiant Child Reloaded – Iced Tea and Assassins Creed
- Yung Fly released “Opus To Ebo Taylor” Click Here To Read More
- Yung Fly did some production for Kojo Cue on his ” The Shining” Mixtape . Songs he produced on the mixtape included – Ewiase, Bantama Blues 1 & 2, Redrum , Airmail Interlude.
- He Produced the intro (Dopest Rapper) for Gemini’s Mixtape , and the tape was named after that song.
- Yung Fly also Produced JaySo’s “The Truth”
Yung Fly Instrumentals
Yung Fly's Productions
Locally , Yung Fly takes inspiration from Hammer, Jay So and Richie. Internationally, he takes inspiration from Old School producers like Just Blaze, J Dilla, Timberland, Kanye West , as well as New School Producers like Cardiak, Merto Booming, Lex Luger, 808 Mafia.
You can reach Yung Fly via E-mail at Yungflybeats@gmail.com